Vacancy Trade Assistant
Vacancy: Trade Assistants (full time, 40h a week)
Location: Schiphol, The Netherlands
Start: Immediate vacancies
AMS Sourcing is a European buying alliance, which manages and coordinates a European-wide buying service generating the best prices for its shareholders; Ahold, Delhaize, ICA, Jeronimo Martins, Kesko Food, Migros, Morrisons and Salling Group.
This joint-sourcing creates economies of scale, pooling of expertise and know-how from separate retailers. AMS allows its members to enjoy the benefits of volume synergy, realizing the best buying prices and improving profitability.
The AMS buying process is very efficient and effective. It opens up new buying geographies for retailers and gives suppliers access to new markets and larger volumes. AMS is constantly looking for new, reliable suppliers, and continually aims to negotiate the lowest price for all its members.
AMS mainly focuses on private label products. The buying scope of AMS includes all private labels for fresh, semi-perishables, near-food and non-food products.
The business focus of AMS is sourcing, negotiating and contracting on behalf of and in close collaboration with its partners. Within AMS there are three Trade Teams; Fresh & Frozen, Food & Beverage and Non- & Near Food.
The teams are responsible for the sourcing of private label products; from premium range to standard and economy range in various categories.
Fresh & Frozen Team: a.o. bakery, cheese, processed meat, fish, frozen vegetables and fruit, dairy
Food & Beverage Team: a.o. beverages, canned fish, canned vegetables, biscuits, spirits, pasta rice
Non & Near Food Team: a.o. paper, beauty care, foils& wraps, household cleaners, lighting, batteries
You will support and work in close collaboration with the Trade Manager(s) on various sourcing tasks in different categories, such as:
- Preparation and participation in pan-European Buyers Meetings
- Administrating tenders (collection of data from AMS Shareholders, Inviting suppliers, support suppliers during the tender process, collect offers, prepare quotation overviews, administrate updates etc.)
- Preparing supplier contact lists and searching for potential new (international) suppliers, organize meetings
- Preparation of sample & quality testing
- Preparation of contracts
- Communication and follow up with AMS Shareholders and suppliers
- General administrative tasks (taking meeting minutes, preparing PowerPoint presentations etc)
AMS offers you
The opportunity to understand the competitive world of sourcing private label goods for European retailers and to gain understanding of the dynamics of the raw material markets and insight in the value chain of various products. Besides that, an attractive salary, 30 days of paid leave, international working environment and a great location that is easily accessible by different kinds of public or private transport.
- Higher education (HBO) Bachelor degree
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Outlook – Word – Excel – PowerPoint)
- Language: English (fluent in writing and speaking). Other language skills are an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Team player
- Enthusiastic approach
- Excellent organizational skills (planning, prioritizing, being structured & accurate)
- Service minded and with a proactive attitude
- Flexible, ability to work in a multi format and multicultural environment
- High degree of independence
- Preferable retail background
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Hannelore Sels by e-mail in Word or PDF format.