Vacancy Internship Data Analyst
Vacancy: Internship Data Analyst (full time, 40h a week)
Department: Finance & Support
Location: Schiphol, The Netherlands
Start: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
AMS Sourcing is a European buying alliance, which manages and coordinates a Pan European buying service for its shareholders: AholdDelhaize, Salling Group, ICA, Jeronimo Martins, Kesko, Migros and Morrisons.
This joint sourcing creates economies of scale, pooling of expertise and knowledge from separate retailers. AMS allows its members to enjoy the benefits of volume synergy, realizing the best buying prices and improving profitability.
The AMS buying process is very efficient and effective. It opens up new buying geographies for retailers and gives suppliers access to new markets and larger volumes. AMS is constantly looking for new, reliable suppliers, and continually aims to negotiate the lowest price for all its members.
AMS mainly focuses on private label products. The buying scope of AMS includes all private labels for fresh, semi-perishables, near-food and non-food products.
In your role as data analyst, you will be tasked to utilizing existing data sources as well as thinking of new metrics/targets. The outcome of the data analyses is to support the Trade Manager during their annual supplier meetings and must be clear and visual.
Within your role, you will conduct the following tasks:
• Work with trading managers to outline the specific data needs for each business project.
• Give insight into new data needed in order to achieve the outcome, as well as leveraging existing information sources.
• Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
• If time permits, create an information framework to automatically generate these reports.
• You will also help the business support team in the day to day business, in researching raw material markets (pricing, value chain description, cost price breakdown research and modelling,…), additional business analysis.
You will report to the Analysis and Control Manager and be part of the Finance and Support department.
AMS offers you
The opportunity to understand the competitive world of sourcing private label goods for European retailers and to gain understanding of the dynamics of raw material markets.
To work in a multicultural environment at a prime location in the Netherlands.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master degree program (final year) with a focus on data sciences
• Work experience as a data analyst or in related field is a plus
• Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical terms
• Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide solution recommendations
• Flexible, ability to work in a multi format and multicultural environment
• High degree of independence
• English high-level written and verbal communication skills
• Good analytical and organizational skills
• Service minded and with a proactive attitude
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Berte Geenen by e-mail in Word or PDF format.